The Royo Lean culture, rewarded at the Lean Community 2018 gala
Lean management in Royo has been recognised and rewarded by Lean Community, a meeting place for professionals from all productive sectors interested in the implementation of Lean culture in their organisations.
On November 22 Raúl Royo, CEO of RGIB, and Inma Ribes, Promoter of Continuous Improvement in Royo, collected at the Lean Community 2018 Awards the “On the Road to Excellence” Award, a category that rewards companies that have achieved a high level of Lean maturity and tangible and lasting results in the implementation of the system.
The Lean Community Awards, which celebrated its 3rd edition this year, aim to publicly acknowledge the effort, perseverance and work carried out by organisations, teams and people.
Lean methodology emerged in Toyota, in the 50s, and allows companies to reduce their costs, improve processes and eliminate waste, increasing customer satisfaction and improving the profit margin.
The system is structured around principles described by Taiichi Ohno, the creator of this practice:
- People: continuous improvement starts in the workplace.
- Objective of zero defects in the product.
- Reduction of waste and costs.
- Reduction of delivery times.
- Construction and maintenance of a long-term relationship with suppliers.
Lean culture in Royo dates back to 2010, but it is not until 2014 that the method was adapted to the needs of the company, achieving sustainability.
The results obtained since the implementation of Lean methodology have been very significant:
- 40% sales increase without increasing the workforce.
- Increase of 10% of productivity in 2018.
- Reduction in 70% of work accidents.
- 40% increase in the quality of the product sent to the customer.
- 60% increase in customer service level.
The success of Lean in Royo is mainly due to the involvement of its teams and management, which has defined a clear strategy and has provided all the necessary resources, both human and financial, making the Lean method part of Royo’s DNA. .